The service allows to evaluate the fire resistance of load-bearing and separating structures, in accordance with the provisions of the Ministerial Decree 02/16/2007 and Ministerial Decree August 3, 2015.
The evaluation can take place with:
- “tabular” method (attachment D DM 16/02/2007, L.C. prot. 1968/2008, Tables of the Ministerial Decree 03.08.2015)
- “experimental” method, verifying that the structural elements are made and / or protected in accordance with classification reports and technical files issued by authorized laboratories
- “analytical” method, with the help of structural Eurocodes – fire parts (UNI EN 1992-1-2 for reinforced concrete; UNI EN 1993-1-2; for steel; UNI EN 1996-1-2 for structures masonry; etc.).
The service is mandatory for almost all types of activities subject to the VVF control, with the obligation of SCIA
The service includes specialist activities, such as:
- survey of existing structures (non-destructive tests and surveys are carried out for reinforced concrete structures by means of a pacometer, which allows the detection of reinforcement, and a sclerometer, which allows to measure the compressive strength of concrete);
- structural analysis, with the use of validated software; simplified analytical methods are used (e.g. for tests with conventional fires) or tests with advanced methods, which take into account the structural deformations caused by the fire (for example in the case of checks on structures subject to natural fires, obtained with zone modeling or CFD);
- sizing of the thicknesses of fire protection (intumescent paints, fire plasters, sheets) and controls according to the UNI EN 10898 series standards;
- “hot” specific tests to test the functionality and efficiency of reactive products.